Your Private Rail Car Awaits…
Get-away meetings | Business privacy | Wine tours
Dinner tours | Receptions | Incentive tours… and more
The Puget Sound is your opportunity to visit the golden age of rail. Experience the magical combination of magnificent scenery, a leisurely travel pace, plus absolute privacy and exceptional service before, during and after your rail adventure.
The car you will be traveling in with us is the Puget Sound, a Dome~Lounge~Sleeper.
By day, the Puget Sound can comfortably accommodate up to 16; by night, there is onboard sleeping space for eight adults.
Built in 1955, the Puget Sound was completely refurbished in 2001. The car has two large drawing rooms each with sleeping space for two (or two adults and one child). Two smaller sitting room compartments offer sleeping space for two people each. All rooms feature private enclosed toilet/shower, TV/VCR/CD players, and an electronic porter calling system.
• We offer a selection of fine wines and premium spirits for your enjoyment. There are call buttons located throughout the car if you wish to order a beverage.
• The dome provides a delightful view of the countryside.
Route guides for your trip are located in the dome.
• A restroom is located downstairs, near the rear of the car.
• Dining on the train is a highlight of any trip, and all meals are offered in the dome. For those who wish to sleep in, breakfast is served at your leisure from 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
• A railroad radio is available if you wish to listen to the train crew during your trip. The radio is for listening purposes only.
• The two suited cabins, “A and B”, offer two lower and one upper berth, along with an ample clothes closet. Your bathroom features a large shower, private sink and water closet. Additional blankets can be found in you room. A waste basket is located in your private bath.
• The other two cabins, “C and D”, each offer an upper and lower berth, as well as a private shower, sink and water closet.
All cabins are appointed with a television, a selection of DVD movies and a CD player. If you wish to watch a movie the on board staff will assist you. You are also welcome to bring your own movies along.
• Each room features comfortable daytime couch seating or you may request that your bed stay down during the day.
• A selection of magazines and limited books is available for reading. Simply ask the attendant and they will provide you the selection.
• Coffee and juice is served each morning in the dome beginning at 6:30 a.m. If you wish to have a wake-up call with coffee delivered to your room, please let your steward know before you retire for the evening.
• A hair dryer and iron are available upon request. Soap, shampoo, bottled water and fresh towels will be provided daily